- Pager is "turned on".
- Pager has a "fresh battery".
- Pager is properly "defined" in the "Paging Control Application Software" on the host PC or in the "paging terminal".
- Pager is located at least an "arms length" away from the transmitter unit during transmission.
NOTE: Some paging receivers do not properly decode paging messages when the receivers are located in close proximity to the transmitter antenna, due to the radio signal being too strong.
- The antenna is "attached" to the transmitter.
- Pager is set for the same "frequency" as the WaveWare paging system.
- Pager uses the " POCSAG " paging protocol.
- Pager and paging system are both set to the same "Baud Rate". (512, 1200 or 2400)