- Pager is "turned on".
- Pager has a "fresh battery".
- Pager is properly defined in the "Paging Control Application Software" on the host PC or in the "paging terminal".
- Pager is located at least an arms length away from the transmitter unit during transmission.
NOTE: Some paging receivers do not properly decode messages when the receivers are located in close proximity to the transmitter antenna, due to the radio signal being too strong.
- The antenna is attached to the transmitter.
- Pager is set for the same frequency as the WaveWare paging system.
- Pager uses the POCSAG paging protocol.
- Pager and paging system are both set to the same Baud Rate. (512, 1200 or 2400)